Author Topic: Extra materials  (Read 7587 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Extra materials
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 11:00:36 am »
Thank you Patrice,

But I'm not using those. I'm using my own AO, height and specular maps that I generate in CrazyBump from diffuse and normal textures.

Please be forewarned: texture packs that they allow you to DL from SketchFab are not the ones they actually use for their own renders!!! >:(

Therefore I prefer to have my own full control over such delicate and geo-dependent aspects as relief and gloss in my own renderer. :)

I will send you my black velvet Harley in a while. (still adding some final touches)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 11:01:48 am »
The latex mask looks perfectly sexy!!! :D
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 11:17:16 am »
BRAVO

The black parts are rendered fine now with this new build !
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 04:27:32 am »
Thank you for the tongueless head Patrice but I don't quite like the new balls. They look too industrial in the cabaret environment. ;)

I've added a few very final touches of my own:

1. The face and body have been separately re-normalized smoothly to eliminate the ugly creases below the chin and around the nose, on the latex shoulders, and on the balls of the dentelle.

2. The face specular map HarleyC_Face_S.tga has been restored. This made the lips too bright, so I've darkened them to deeper red to control the excessive gloss. Frontal diffuse and specular light components have been somewhat increased to compensate for the specular map effect.

3. The eye normal map has been rolled back from Harley_n to Harley_Eye_n.png to reinstate the waviness of sclera surface. To make it visible, the cornee d has been reduced to 0.4.

4. The right-side grelot has been texture remapped to move the seam from its right side to the left. Now it is practically invisible behind the specular spot, and les grelots look a bit different from the front like they in fact should.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:32:13 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 05:40:48 pm »
Harley quinn, has been published into the "character" section.

Balls have been replaced by "pompons", to be easily customized.
Wallpaper texture has been blured, to get rid of jpeg artefacts.
Grelot textures resized, to better match spherical mesh.
HarleyC_Face_S.tga converted to .png.
Credit given to the ObjReader team ;)

Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 08:00:16 pm »
Thank you Patrice,

It was my pleasure to work on this one together with you. It isn't often that you see boobs around bigger than the girl's head. ;)
Mike