Author Topic: Oblivion bubble ship  (Read 22812 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Re: Oblivion bubble ship
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 07:49:41 pm »
Ok, i have released the Static version using the new cockpit, the new shadow effect, and new lighting to match the clouds.png wallpaper, and a few more AO textures.

Let's see the FPS you will get with your new GTX.  ;)

Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2018, 07:51:20 pm »
Actually, you don't need the shadow.png map in the static bubble ship zip any more.
Indeed it is still there, but very subtile  8)
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2018, 08:03:39 pm »
In fact, my existing GTX 650Ti's static bubble ship FPS is exactly 60. :P

It is the flying version with its drone and pilot that seems to have a problematic FPS rate of 15, presumably due to its 2GB VRAM limit. The card seems to be swapping some of its loaded textures into the conventional RAM. :-\
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 01:32:12 pm »
It is the flying version with its drone and pilot that seems to have a problematic FPS rate of 15, presumably due to its 2GB VRAM limit. The card seems to be swapping some of its loaded textures into the conventional RAM.
The official flying version has been released, tell me the FPS you got with your new GTX 1060.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:41:37 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
You won't believe it but it's 60FPS (my current exact monitor rate) even in the full screen mode (can't capture it with the FPS counters on) at approx. 40% GPU load. :D

Top left -- ObjReader's FPS counter, bottom right -- Fraps. 8)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2018, 04:16:58 pm »
Congratulation, you must be very happy!

I have attached a screen shot of mine, running the OR process alone...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:44:44 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2018, 08:00:30 pm »
Patrice,

I've got 92 processes = 1425 threads running concurrently with ObjReader. I run a hellofalot of desktop gadgets (ca. 5% CPU power) and a few semi-transparent sliding dockbars (another 4% CPU power) for my tools and apps. ObjReader proper was consuming only 5.1% CPU the moment I took the topmost screenshot below. Regarding GPU consumption, we're on a par with each other when the animated bubble ship is made to rotate at its default zoom on scene load. :D

And ObjReader proper was consuming around 26% CPU when I took the bottommost full-screen shot with the model zoomed in decently to occupy the entire unobscured viewport. :)

It's like heaven and hell compared to my former GTX 650Ti readings, which in their turn were not so bad at all compared to cheaper office-style video cards. And my GPU's temperature at full screen is now ca. 38oC only at 30% fan speed. (not a sound in the room whatsoever! 8) )
Mike