Author Topic: Early WIP on v2.55  (Read 138230 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Early WIP on v2.55
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2018, 10:14:49 am »
I shall check my code to see what could cause the limitation.

Thank you!
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2018, 10:35:31 am »
SYNC,

Please use the attached constants.h
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2018, 10:50:00 am »
Done!
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2018, 11:08:18 am »
Mike,

I you don't mind, there are a few other things i would like you to SYNC with me as soon as i have complete myself my sync with you. ;)

Added
Here is my sync.zip attachment
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:34:10 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2018, 11:43:05 am »
1. Main.cpp:

skSetAnchorCtrl(hCtrl, ANCHOR_RIGHT); skCreateToolTip(hCtrl, TipFormat(L"  Animate  "));

hCtrl = GetDlgItem(gP.hMain, IDC_DEMO_MODE);
            skSetAnchorCtrl(hCtrl, ANCHOR_RIGHT); skCreateToolTip(hCtrl, TipFormat(L"  Demo mode  "));

hCtrl = GetDlgItem(gP.hMain, IDC_BRIGHT_CONTROL);
            skSetAnchorCtrl(hCtrl, ANCHOR_RIGHT); skCreateToolTip(hCtrl, TipFormat(L"  Stray light intensity  "));

TipFormat() uses a static WCHAR buffer. It stays filled with "Stray light intensity" when it is already required to display "Background" in the info tips. I was (and still am) too lazy to reinitialize it with "Background" here again. ;)

2. Why did you remove the void gl_DrawScene(); forward declaration from Splitter.h? Your compiler has suddenly started to accept this frivolity? ;)

I have sync'ed all the rest with your code. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:53:37 am by Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky »
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2018, 01:27:02 pm »
Why did you remove the void gl_DrawScene(); forward declaration from Splitter.h?
Because we need it elsewhere, see in Mobj.h line 1112.

About the menu, this is due to the font change i did one month ago, there is some kind of clipping, but from a quick test all the menu items are there.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:36:07 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2018, 05:02:29 pm »
Why did you remove the void gl_DrawScene(); forward declaration from Splitter.h?
Because we need it elsewhere, see in Mobj.h line 1112.

My friend,

I do not understand what you're talking about. If I remove the void gl_DrawScene(); forward declaration from line 44 in Splitter.h, my project won't compile. This has nothing to do with line 1112 in mobj.h which also needs its own declaration because the function appears in Main.cpp, i.e. well below all the include files it is used in...

Try to rebuild (rather than just build) the solution to see if your project would compile without that declaration in Splitter.h. ???
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2018, 06:24:05 pm »
... from a quick test all the menu items are there
I mean all  the name are there when using zTrace, it is just that the last one doesn't display at the right place, but on the line below.

To see what i mean, just put the focus on a menu, then use the left or right arrow to move the popup and see how "Help" is being shown (Under the first item).

I keep trying to understand why Windows doesn't return me the correct location for that one in the ownerdrawn menu section when using
DRAWITEMSTRUCT* lpdis = (DRAWITEMSTRUCT*) lParam;
at the line 2970 of skDrawmenu (in WinLIFT.cpp).

If I remove the void gl_DrawScene(); forward declaration from line 44 in Splitter.h, my project won't compile.
Obviously we don't use the same Splitter.h code, could you send me yours for comparison purpose.
I made several changes in mine to fix the different misalignments we spoke about.
(Note: i am always using "Rebuild solution")
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:34:20 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2018, 07:27:33 pm »
... use the left or right arrow to move the popup and see how "Help" is being shown (Under the first item).

:o
;D ;D ;D

Obviously we don't use the same Splitter.h code ...

I'm using exactly what you've been sending to me as the splitter mods and for sync'ing... ???
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2018, 07:49:39 pm »
I never put void gl_DrawScene(); in the case WM_NCLBUTTONDBLCLK: case section, because i was not aware that this C++ syntax could be used like this inside of a case message cracker.  ::)

You learned me something new about the C++ syntax , thank you!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:51:28 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2018, 09:35:52 pm »
I'm glad you liked it! ;D

Yeah, you can put a declaration anywhere you want, but if you put it inside a scope (in between curly braces as inside an if-clause), it just isn't going to be visible anywhere else.
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2018, 12:36:06 am »
Thanks for the library, it solves the problem even if temporarily! Hopefully it'll also allow us to add yet more main menu elements as might be necessary in the future. :)

Regarding the new rendering modes,

1. Vertex normals (and even more so, face normals which I haven't yet implemented due to the lack of spare controls on the tool window) help isolate faces that have wrong (flipped) normals. They may be difficult to spot in complex meshes with hundreds of thousands of polies but in simple and symmetrical meshes, the irregularities are easily spotted at a glance.

2. Customized skinned color dialogs would be nice but only if their color selectors are large enough, substantially bigger in size than your usual rainbow strip.

3. Sometimes it is difficult to tell by the looks of normal map alone if it has correct normal Y orientation (the green channel). It should be +Y (upwards) for OpenGL and -Y (downwards) for DirectX. But it becomes immediately prominent when you inspect the white material surface void of the model's diffuse maps. That's the purpose of the new material surface mode.

4. Last but not least, I've put our billboards to useful service. Now they visualize our rotating lights instead of the colored spheres. I hope you noticed the new corona.png texture map in the zip. You're supposed to put it into the \x64\Release\Reader folder alongside the skin and other system maps.
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2018, 11:58:02 am »
I've put our billboards to useful service
I have just checked the new corona billboard, and it looks better than the previous sphere, good work.

Thank you!
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2018, 12:27:59 pm »
I made a copy-paste typo in the ToolProc() function, line 219, ToolWindow.h:

case IDT_CHECK02:
            if (HIWORD(wParam) == BN_CLICKED) {
                if (gP.bTexVertNorms) {
                    gP.bShowNorms[1] = (BOOL)SendMessage(GetDlgItem(gP.hTool, IDT_CHECK02), BM_GETCHECK, 0, 0);
                } else if (gP.bAnimateLights) {
                    gP.bRotateLight[2] = (BOOL)SendMessage(GetDlgItem(gP.hTool, IDT_CHECK02), BM_GETCHECK, 0, 0);
                }
                gP.redraw = -1; // request redraw
            }
            break;

case IDT_CHECK03:
            if (HIWORD(wParam) == BN_CLICKED) {
                if (gP.bTexVertNorms) {
                    gP.bShowNorms[2] = (BOOL)SendMessage(GetDlgItem(gP.hTool, IDT_CHECK03), BM_GETCHECK, 0, 0);
                } else if (gP.bAnimateLights) {
                    gP.bRotateLight[3] = (BOOL)SendMessage(GetDlgItem(gP.hTool, IDT_CHECK03), BM_GETCHECK, 0, 0);
                }
                gP.redraw = -1; // request redraw
            }
            break;
        }
        break;

Please correct it.
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2018, 05:09:47 pm »
I found the cause of the menu problem:
That was a wrong size computation of the menu container, because the use of GetTextExtentPoint32 is not reliable with the new font i am using for menu.

The new pandora with the new DLL is attached to this post.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:05:59 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice