Author Topic: Animated Backgrounds?  (Read 52504 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Animated Backgrounds?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 09:19:34 am »
But that means I'll have to put shaders and OR aside.
Please no, one step after another...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK friends will be friends, won't they? :)

Two more shaders coming:

1. 2D Clouds run for me at 30% GPU usage when at 30FPS, and at 40%, when at 60FPS, both full screen (I am not interested in other sizes as full screen is the worst case).

2. Heartfelt is a gorgeous piece of art when run with music, and almost made me cry on my keyboard. For me, the shader yields only up to 20% GPU usage at 30FPS, and up to 35%, at 60FPS. Be sure to use the mouse and HAS_HEART define as described in the HF.fs shader file to control the time lapse and/or rain amount.

Enjoy and thanks a million for the zip! :)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 09:47:01 am »
Thank you very much, they are perfect, and yes Heartfelt is gorgeous!
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 09:53:48 am »
When playing live, i prefer to use an audio record channel rather than a specific audio file, but both are working the same to render the OpenGL scene.
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 10:28:44 am »
Sometimes there's no needed URL available on the net any more, and you can only listen to it if you have a hardcopy.

There's one very nice cartoon shader on Shadertoy that I want to replicate with a matching piece of idiotic but absolutely viral music that modulates the graphics display in a very attractive manner. I cannot tear the audio file out of Shadertoy but probably you could help me catch and record it streaming while it plays there?

The funny thing is it sounds like Russian stuff but I'm not fully sure due to a heavy vocoder effect... ;D
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 10:48:56 am »
Two more simple shaders below. :)
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 11:23:16 am »
And the last one for the time being. :)

Up to 35% GPU usage at both 30 and 60 FPS.

Use your mouse to rotate the fire.

(We can probably add a textured background too if you want. Just tell me if you do.)
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2019, 11:51:26 am »
And this one can only run at 15FPS eating up to 75% GPU. :-\

Use LMB to zoom (Y movement) and rotate (X movement) the scene.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:54:15 am by Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky »
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:31 pm »
Thank you for the new converted models, especially Fire that is one of my favorite.

There's one very nice cartoon shader on Shadertoy that I want to replicate with a matching piece of idiotic but absolutely viral music that modulates the graphics display in a very attractive manner. I cannot tear the audio file out of Shadertoy but probably you could help me catch and record it streaming while it plays there?
You can grab the music yourself with AudioCap while playing the shader, then convert the resulting WAV file into OGG (with Audacity).

BTW, i have a bunch of formal Amiga soundtrackers that we could use in OR, they are very small compared to other audio formats.

As a matter of example listen at the attached TheModel.mod (75 Kb) with MBox64

Note: I have to mow the lawn... :(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:43:43 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2019, 04:35:25 pm »
Thank you for the new converted models, especially Fire that is one of my favorite.

You're welcome! But those are not straight-forward clear and concise plain old solid models. Those sines and cosines, fracts and smoothsteps are something far more ephemeral and unfriendly to the user. ;)

You can grab the music yourself with AudioCap while playing the shader, then convert the resulting WAV file into OGG (with Audacity).

Unfortunately, your AudioCap3 fails to either capture or monitor anything on my W7 box.

In the Capture to Wave mode, it records an empty file and there's nothing but a straight line with a running marker in the "oscilliscope" window.  ???

Moreover, it simply quits when I try to re-select the Monitoring only option. :(

And last but not least, it crashes wildly when I click the Change destination button. >:(

That means I'm unable to experiment with your WINMM code in my dev environment and also that we shouldn't rely on it in ObjReader either. ::)

That said, can you still spare me 3 minutes of your time once mowing is over, and capture that .WAV file for me from the beginning to the end, please?
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2019, 04:56:40 pm »
Does that one works any better by you?

Anyway i shall grab the audio with it for you.
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2019, 05:08:29 pm »
This one is better in the sense of not quitting or crashing unexpectedly. Yet its display stays flat and capture.wav is empty like before. :(

Re. .MOD: yes it looks very small but isn't it just another MIDI format rather than an audio file? .MIDs are not large at all either...
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »
Do you have a multiplex audio card?
Patrice

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2019, 05:33:05 pm »
Here is the capture.mp3, very far to be perfect, but this is the best i could do.
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2019, 05:48:33 pm »
I have three profiles:

1. Usual on-board Intel HD Audio connected to Speakers; (p/b and matching rec)

2. nVidia HD Audio connectable to nVidia HDMI Output on my GTX1060 (p/b but currently unplugged)

3. E-MU E-DSP HD Audio Processor (WDM) connected to S/PDIF and HDMI inputs/outputs on its own card (p/b and matching rec)

selectable from the system Sound dialog.

All are in full working order and audible when some sound runs on my box but neither one is detectable by your AudioCap as a source of wave signal. :(

(Thanks for the capture! Any quality will do for initial experimentation. :) )
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2019, 05:58:47 pm »
You can try to record with Audacity to see if it works better with your audio config.
Patrice