Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Nyra
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:29:01 pm »
Nyra...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:10:42 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Nyra
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 04:52:26 am »
The model is very expressive. :)

But frankly I don't like the materials, at least as far as the body is concerned. Colorized specular maps are uncommon in the industry, and though I've already seen some such exported/reverse engineered from a few proprietary game engines, they are certainly far too dark for the Ks values (and missing Ns!) you're using in the materials. Consequently, the effect of bump mapping is brought down to nil.

I'd use Ks close to 1, Ns, to 1000, and I'd also try to experiment with AO maps to normalize the resultant excessive glossiness where needed.
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:34:24 am »
Mike

Here is the link to the original (.fbx extension)
https://sketchfab.com/models/96f558dea845400495e03e64d053b517
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:52 pm »
Haha!

Didn't I tell you the model looks like a mid-res LOD ripped from a game? ;)

Tell you what, I don't like at all how she's rendered in SketchFab except for the body bumpiness. That's probably not even simple normal mapping but steep parallax mapping since there are also displacement maps included in the FBX version. Remember, what they show us in SketchFab is often not what they allow us to download!

Here's the link to where she's been rigged and animated in 3ds Max. See how much better her face skin is rendered there? But at the same time her body bumpiness is poorer, evidently because for some reason the author preferred to use a regenerated grayscale bumpmap rather than the original tangent space normal map...

At any rate the model contains a wide variety of maps that we can use to re-create an OBJ file whose overall visual quality will be significantly better than the FBX and glTF models they are feeding us with. ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:29:17 pm by Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky »
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)