Author Topic: ObjReader FBO & PP  (Read 505 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: ObjReader FBO & PP
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:32 pm »
My friend,

If you feel uneasy or confused about working on Tor-based UV editing, then let's put that idea aside for later. Probably the proper time for the UV editor hasn't come yet. The space to the right of splitter may in the meantime be used for other useful purposes. Or the splitter may simply be locked to the right side panel for the time being keeping other associated code untouched for later use when needed.
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2019, 03:33:10 pm »
Patrice,

I'm currently preparing my sources for merger based on MSAA FBO post-processing and initial animated background support.

My proposition is to exclude Tor code from the project. Frankly, I don't believe it's going to meet the expectations. Granted, it's very spectacular like everything you do. But it was originally designed for another project, and modding it to ObjReader's needs takes far too much effort that can better be spent more efficiently.

Some day I'll design a lightweight UV editor based on my FBSL code. But not now because we still have more immediate needs that can be implemented in the MAT files without touching the OBJ structure proper.

I'm hoping you'll agree to my proposition. Will you?
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »
For now, i am using it just to create and save the UV's map into a transparent png.
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2019, 07:55:51 pm »
Whatever!

But do you agree in principle to suspend Tor/UV editor development at this stage? Won't it hurt you too much?
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2019, 08:48:32 pm »
But do you agree in principle to suspend Tor/UV editor development at this stage? Won't it hurt you too much?
No problem, Tor is very easy to disable, and i have already all what i need in C4D that is the tool i use to create/edit all my models, including UV's map. ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:50:04 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Today at 09:18:57 am »
I'm definitely getting old and nearing marasmus.

I've just discovered that if I press Alt when in the mesh info tip mode, all the meshes that are not under the cursor get hidden and I can inspect the selected mesh unobscured by the others for as long as I keep on holding the Alt button down. :o

On scrutinizing the sources, I was surprised to find out it was me who had implemented that brilliant feature. 8)

Amazing! ;D
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #66 on: Today at 09:51:40 am »
Yep, very handy!
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: Today at 09:57:17 pm »
Yet it isn't reflected in the help. It was probably added after ObjReader v2.75 had been released but I'm not sure...
Mike