Author Topic: ObReader FBO & PP  (Read 226 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Re: ObReader FBO & PP
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:25 pm »
Is that what you want?
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 10:10:21 pm »
!!! PERFECT !!!

Thanks a bunch! :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:16:50 pm by Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky »
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 08:01:45 am »
Good morning and have a nice day, my friend! :D
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 10:16:46 am »
I am sorry, but honestly that effect is not one i would like to use, except perhaps to create an image reflection on a sphere.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:11:40 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
Patrice,

We will discuss which post-processors exactly you'd like to see in the public build, and those that won't make it in there will be #ifdef MLL_DEV'ed out in our shaders.h sources.
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 07:48:02 pm »
I'm currently experimenting with real 3D DOF+bokeh post processing. Apart from the scene quad color texture, it requires concurrent creation of a scene depth texture and, consequently, one more MSAA renderbuffer blit into a non-AA FBO.

I can't yet make out correct positioning of my focal point in 3D space (see the picture below). But what I can already tell you is that the shader is going to be heavy despite renderbuffer blitting being blazing superfast as compared to ordinary slow glReadPixels(). The FPS rate drops 4 times lower than when rendered directly into an AA-unaware FBO.

This makes real time animation of complex models through genuine 3D, rather than fake 2D, post-processors highly problematic unless we abandon MSAA in favor of non-AA FBOs with much faster programmatic CSAA and/or FXAA shader solutions used in all modern professional 3D engines for similar reasons. ???
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 08:24:32 am »
I'm stuck with depth-based PP. MSAA and related necessity to blit its render buffers into a non-AA FBO prior to being able to utilize the resultant scene textures are a severe bottleneck that puts a heavy load on the rendering pipe line and causes a dramatic drop in the OR FPS rate.

I think I should drop this activity for the time being and rather see what else I can do with simpler 2D effects -- including FXAA and CSAA shaders that may prove to be the key to much faster anti-aliasing without loss of quality in the viewport quad image.
Mike