Author Topic: Pierre Drolet  (Read 4327 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:53:46 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Pierre Drolet
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:24:22 pm »
Haha, thanks! That looks interesting! :D

But what am I supposed to do once I'm inside the ship facing that Klingon that's standing in my way? Shooting balls at him doesn't help...  ???
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:32:52 pm »
Hehe, I think I can actually hack that entire Klingon ship together with its textures.

I can read many .uasset file formats and export them into .glTF files. ;D
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:52 pm »
But what am I supposed to do once I'm inside the ship facing that Klingon that's standing in my way? Shooting balls at him doesn't help
Use the keyboard arrow keys, to go inside of the ship (using the ramp)…

Hehe, I think I can actually hack that entire Klingon ship together with its textures.
That would be a nice model to capture ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:23:41 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 08:04:01 pm »
Use the keyboard arrow keys, to go inside of the ship (using the ramp)…

Yes I did it! But then what? How to get rid of that Klingon and open the door that's behind him, and then make a tour of the ship's insides? The doors aren't responsive to any usual keyboard key combinations... :o

Yet if you jump high enough then you partially fall through the ceiling and can catch a glimpse of the upper floor with the control room full of various stuff to explore... :-\

This demo was designed for Oculus Rift virtuality goggles. If you look straight down, you can see two black circles under yourself. Those are your "virtual hands" as seen from their ends and usable when running Oculus VR. At certain falling light inclination angles, you can even see their shadows on the floor... :( Probably you need those hands to operate objects in the scene. Without them, you can only navigate and jump, shoot ping-pong balls with LMB clicks, and toggle a flashlight with RMB clicks.  >:(

If I could complete the tour successfully, probably I wouldn't be thinking of hacking the model... ;D
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 08:10:23 pm »
Use the keyboard arrow keys...

Actually, a more natural and handy way would be to use WASD keys to navigate with your left hand, and point your view with the mouse, in the right one.

But you miserable frog-eaters are deprived of this luxury with your miserable AZERTY keyboards! :P

:D :D :D :D

(please don't take offense; I just couldn't resist the temptation ;D)
Mike