Author Topic: HoloBoard  (Read 3220 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
HoloBoard
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:46:11 pm »
Another HUD display ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 11:48:13 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: HoloBoard
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:49:25 pm »
Hehe no Patrice, :)

Some of the textures are specified incorrectly. Please make the following changes In newmat holo:

map_Ka holo_emissive.jpeg
map_Ke holo_emissive.jpeg
map_Ns holo_roughness.jpg

I'm sure those were just typos.
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:50:27 pm »
LOL this reminds me of my elder son Serge as he decided to change his Facebook avatar a few years ago.

Strangely enough I appeared to be the only one among a few hundred of his FB "friends" to put a "like" below his new picture. Then I thought that possibly, his "friends" and colleagues who were mostly IT people didn't particularly appreciate his sitting behind a Samsung laptop where a genuine Apple MacBook should have been. (he's the CEO and owner of a local IT company)

So I decided to check my guess and remedy the situation if it proved to be true. I downloaded his new avatar, cut out the offending Samsung, restored the desktop surface, filled in the remaining empty space with a mirror flipped reflection of the right side of his body and arm, added an image of some obscure CD player in front of him that matched the design of his mouse that was still in his right hand, and covered it all with a freehand parallax of a futuristic Avatar-style holo screen.

And you know what? The "likes" started to arrive in torrents a few seconds after the new avatar appeared in his FB profile. ;D
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 11:51:35 pm »
The "likes" started to arrive in torrents a few seconds after the new avatar appeared in his FB profile.
This nice work is a good example of fake ;)

I did post a reworked version
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:02:13 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 11:57:03 pm »
This one looks fine, thanks! :)
Mike