Author Topic: Need a Couple Days' Break for HW Maintenance  (Read 3484 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Need a Couple Days' Break for HW Maintenance
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:28:32 pm »
Patrice,

Currently I have no way to run my XP 3D software efficiently because my new GeForce 1060Ti has no matching 32-bit XP drivers (i.e. two of my three monitors are dead under XP), and the built-in on-board Intel doesn't allow video memory intensive SW to run on my remaining 3rd monitor.

OTOH I have spare GeForces 650Ti I had before I installed the current 1060Ti card, that do have nVidia's original XP drivers. I can install them on my W10 box (it still runs on my obsolete GeForces 8600 GTS that are too much AC power intensive), and I can move my entire XP hard drive over into my W10 box too. This way I can revive my 32-bit XP capabilities losslessly, and I will also be able to connect my currently useless 3rd (Intel) monitor as a secondary monitor to my AMD/ATi box. Then I will have a workstation of 3 fully operational dual-monitor boxes operable concurrently without extra rebooting.

I think I'll need some 48 to 72 hours to do all that work thoroughly and accurately, while I'm still feeling like it and enjoying what I'm doing.

Can you wait that long before I resume coding the OR stuff, my friend? :)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Re: Need a Couple Days' Break for HW Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 10:55:28 am »
I just thought that you had already the code to convert UV into flat projection, because that was your plan.

But of course i can wait, and use this time to learn more about the in/out of UVW and the process of texture creation.

Starting to look on Google:

Looking at Blender UNWRAP right now ;)
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/editors/uv_image/uv/editing/unwrapping/mapping_types.html

C4D UNWRAP seems to be a much more complex task.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:03:58 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Need a Couple Days' Break for HW Maintenance
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:25 pm »
Thank you Patrice!

I just thought ... that was your plan.

You may consider myself a moody dude. ;) In fact I am. I usually call it "procrastination". ;D

Looking at Blender UNWRAP right now ;) ... C4D UNWRAP seems to be a much more complex task.  :-[

I don't think we need a full scale texture unwrapper in OR for the starters, but just a means to reposition a few UVs that have already been unwrapped in a pro-grade 3D editor but still have a few careless flaws here and there... Of course we will be able to extend it in the future if need be, possibly using someone else's code available in open-source projects like Blender. :)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)