Author Topic: ObjReader FBO & PP  (Read 31146 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Re: ObjReader FBO & PP
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:31 pm »
Code updated, thank you my friend !

Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2019, 07:16:12 pm »
Fine!

I see you lurking here from time to time but you never told me what you think about the five PP shaders that are there in OR so far? ;)

I'm planning to add blurs after I'm through with animated backgrounds.
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2019, 10:06:47 pm »
but you never told me what you think about the five PP shaders that are there in OR so far?
To say the truth, i have a hard time to figure how they can enhance the appearence of my existing 3D models.

"Brightness/contrast", i couldn't see any difference between On/Off (indeed very slight)
"Hue/saturation", same as above.
"Sepia", i can see the color change, but if i want a sepia effect i can create the texture accordingly, or change the color settings.
"Vibrance", same as above.
"Vignette", same than for Sepia.

My friend take no offense on my comments, but i rather want FBO effects to serve the existing models with mesh specific like the long awaited, glow, blur, and shadow.

I know that animation will come next, and that would be another great addition.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:08:19 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2019, 12:32:35 am »
i couldn't see any difference between On/Off...

LOL my friend,

You have probably never used Ctrl to pop up the tool window and adjust your shaders. ;D

... i have a hard time to figure how they can enhance the appearence of my existing 3D models.

This shouldn't be your concern (for the time being -- until we have developed a proper #meta notation to preset them in the .MTL file), but rather the user's concern to tailor their screens to their liking.

Leave that option to them for them to also feel involved in the creative process. :)

...  i rather want FBO effects ... mesh specific like the long awaited, glow, blur, and shadow.

"One step at a time"(c), remember? ;)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2019, 09:44:44 am »
You have probably never used Ctrl to pop up the tool window and adjust your shaders.
Yes, i did with the FBO trial version you sent me on 04-10-2019, but since that time i forgot it, probably because my brain has lost too much neurons, thus being very selective with what it kepts in memory. ;)
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2019, 11:19:48 am »
So now that your neurons are in full working order again, what would you say about the quality of existing PP shaders? :)
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2019, 01:13:14 pm »
Your work is highly appreciated, and the quality is very good !

Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »
Thank you very much for your appreciation! :)

Now watch this and note:
  • OR debug console (I'm using it instead of zTrace to be able to print CRLF properly)
  • state changes in the background list
  • FPS rates and GPU usages.
Generally, GPU loads are practically the same as in the FBSL demos, pretty much as I expected.

Now I have to try and
  • combat animation stalls at texture loading time
  • handle background list clicks (i.e. ani shader recompilations).
I'll send you the mods when done.

(The video runs at 30FPS to reduce its size, so it doesn't reproduce the smoothness of shader 60FPS animation)
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2019, 05:07:03 pm »
Wow, that really makes a huge difference !

Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2019, 01:27:30 am »
Any Shadertoy shader runs as-is in the VS Code shader editor previewer plugin -- including audio! :o

There are plugin sources available on github but the code is written in TypeScript for WebGL and is as difficult to translate to legible C/C++/OpenGL as any other JavaScript/Java junk... :(
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2019, 09:49:27 am »
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:56:04 am by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2019, 05:30:31 pm »
Exactly! Works like a charm in my VSCode but the sources are next to useless... :-\
Mike

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2019, 01:32:11 pm »
Patrice,

This is to inform you that I'm progressing nicely with the animated backgrounds. I can toggle between non-ani and ani bkgnd modes freely and I can select any ani bkgnds I like from the existing wallpaper list box that I reload with shaders or wallpapers as needed.

All untextured shaders and those that don't have transparent PNGs are working OK though a little too heavy (I'm still using an MSAA FBO where my FBSL demos used a non-AA FBO). But those that rely on 32-bit PNGs (mainly as heightmaps) are looking weird. We probably have substantial differences in our texture loaders.

That's what keeping me so long with my progress. I'm not inclined to stop midway for merging. I'd rather we merge when I find out how to fix the transparency troubles...  :-\
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2019, 02:44:46 pm »
Thanks for the information.

Abd for the shader animations file name extension, what about .ORS ?
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2019, 03:17:13 pm »
Patrice,

The shaders come in a standard plain GLSL format and can run equally well on any OpenGL/GLSL setup that provides them with a set of simple uniform variables. Unlike our uber-shader, they have nothing OR-specific and therefore bear a conventional .FS extension.

I'm sorry but I see no solid reason why they should be supplied with a non-standard cryptic extension.
Mike