Author Topic: Pagani Zonda Revolucion  (Read 3855 times)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Pagani Zonda Revolucion
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:08 am »
I am working on a new detailed Low Polygon created by Ronaldlgs.

The original .obj model is here:
http://3dmodelosobj.blogspot.fr/2015/08/pagani-zonda-revolucion.html
however, unfortunatly, even if some textures are in the archive, the needed material file is missing.

Thus my first task was to cleanup the meshes, fixing several misalignments, renaming the objects and creating the missing  .mtl file (see the attached file).

Now that i have fixed the most obvious behaviors, let's see what i could come with it ;)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:07:50 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: Pagani Zonda Revolucion
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:59:47 am »
Oh, this one looks very elegant even as a WIP! :)
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
Here is the release candidate version, with a specific texture set (carbon fiber + reworked stickers), using new lightings from V2.50.
The biggest challenge, was to create the good UV (and texture) for correct alignment of the carbon fiber, once mapped on this complex body shape.

However, it is still a "light" model with only 1 936 662 indices ;)

Mike--

Have you done some changes to the current code?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:25:36 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 02:37:51 am »
Patrice,

This model looks gorgeous! Even if I would want or venture to troll you a little, I would not be able to find anything to cling to. :)

it is still a "light" model with only 1 936 662 indices

Now imagine that, once any of your high-poly models is complete, you can generate its ambient occlusion (i.e. self shadowing) and normal map textures, bake the ambient occlusion texture into the diffusion map as sort of a static light map, decimate the model for at least three times smaller polygon count, apply the aforesaid textures to it, and enjoy a medium- or low-poly replica that's very easy for ObjReader to render and that's still practically indistinguishable from its high-poly prototype. That's how they make 3D games, and that's how the entire Pandora world was created and filmed in the Avatar movie. :)

The biggest challenge, was to create the good UV (and texture) for correct alignment of the carbon fiber, once mapped on this complex body shape.

Now that you are highly proficient in handling model geometry, it is high time to recollect that you're not only a locksmith/turner/operator of an NC drilling/milling machine, but also a designer and artist whose primary objective is to handle texturing tools as easily as you're handling cutters and bores. Just do it, and you'll soon see your models displayed in the Louvre. :)

I think I will be able to come up with the texture load fixes and texture matrix manipulation scheme some time this week.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 07:37:46 am by Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky »
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)