Author Topic: gltf  (Read 7282 times)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
Re: gltf
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:19 pm »
Very impressive! :)

And yes, this is a "technical" piece of gear so a full black or night wallpaper might be better in order not to distract the spectator's attention.

Thank you!
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 10:45:02 pm »
Here is the emissive lighting i have been playing with:

#Light frontAmbient 1 0 0
#Light frontDiffuse 0 0 1
#Light frontSpecular 8 8 9

#Light leftAmbient 0 0 0
#Light leftDiffuse 139 69 19
#Light leftSpecular 127 127 121

#Light rightAmbient 0 0 0
#Light rightDiffuse 139 69 19
#Light rightSpecular 127 127 121

#Light topAmbient 44 44 45
#Light topDiffuse 0 0 1
#Light topSpecular 44 44 45

#multilight
#straylight 50
#wallpaper black.png

Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 07:33:49 am »
This helmet looks to me as if made of leather.
Mike
(3.6GHz Intel Core i5 Quad w/ 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060Ti w/ 6GB VRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1)

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »
HUD Helmet has been released in the "Object" section.

This is the end of long C4D work process, i added a few more details in the official release.

BTW, did i told you that i love your "Reset view"!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:43:12 pm by Patrice Terrier »
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 11:44:19 pm »
The model looks faultless to me, thank you very much for this outstanding piece of work! :)

BTW, did i told you that i love your "Reset view"!

Actually, you didn't; you are generally very sparing of praise. But thank you anyway, better late than never! :D

I'm thinking of adding some blend effect when changing the wallpapers so that the transition is smooth rather than abrupt.

I'm now adding a whole library of PP effects including many classic ones like brightness/contrast, hiew/saturation, unsharp mask, etc. All are rather lightweight and fully customizable through their respective tool windows.
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 08:54:58 am »
My friend, i am looking forward for your PP effects.

Does real shadow, and glow effect will be part of them?
Patrice

Michael Lobko-Lobanovsky

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 10:17:01 am »
I have been real upset by my recent failure with the 3D DOF effect (too slow if a MSAA FBO is used), and especially with the 7 day long mess to roll back the FBO setup to what it was before my 3D exercises started.

Now that the setup is restored, I've decided to go slowly but steadily. First, I'm implementing simple 1-pass 2D post-processors that need only one color FBO (if used one at a time) and are compatible with the current MSAA settings -- so that you have something to play with too.  (FBOs are new to me, and I develop as I learn them)

The next step will be figuring out how to chain them one after another in an arbitrary order to introduce compound post-processing without a dramatic drop in the FPS rate. GLSL allows real time recompilation of shaders based on C-stylish #ifdef directives in the shader code. So, I think we can use this feature to dynamically recompile a dedicated compound PP shader for each model at its load time based on what PP exactly the model needs.

It will allow us to avoid multiple conditional branching in the shader(s). Note that there are ca. 2M screen pixels to process in each of our render frames. Note also that the entire shader is run not just once per frame but rather 2M times in each frame, once for every pixel. Now if there are even as few as only 5 if-clauses in the shader, then the GPU will have to process over 10M conditional branches in each frame with all the associated misprediction latencies and stalls. And this is real heavy even on the most modern hardware! If real time recompilation proves feasible and effective, then similar recompilation optimization should be introduced in our main rendering uber-shader, too.

Dynamic soft shadowing and bloom/glow effects require juggling with several FBOs at once in several passes. That's why I'll proceed to work on them only after I'm through with the simple 1-FBO 1-pass 2D post-processor chain.
Mike

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »
Ok, thanks for the heads up!
Patrice