Author Topic: Amilcar C6 WIP  (Read 356 times)

Szymon Kubicki

Amilcar C6 WIP
« on: October 17, 2020, 08:52:38 pm »
Here are some screenshots of my current work in progress, a high poly Amilcar C6 from 1928. The aim is to create an impression of a barn find, dusty & rusty - we'll see how it pans out (for now I'm just using some generic bump and roughness maps, but final texturing will probably be done in Substance Painter). The geometry is 95% ready and it's mostly unwrapped. I'd like use this model to learn rigging, so it'll add to the time needed to finish it, but still I think November / December is realistic. With heavy texturing, it could be a nice object to play with in OBJ Reader.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 09:01:16 pm by Szymon Kubicki »

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
Re: Amilcar C6 WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:09:47 pm »
Astonishing work Szymon, it looks very promising, shall be probably one of your greatest model !!!

Thank you for giving me the chance to see it first !

Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Szymon Kubicki

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:16:44 pm »
Hello!
The Amilcar will soon be rendered in a high poly form - I'm working on the shaders and lighting now. Trying to decide whether bright background works better than dark.
However, there are still some modeling bugs that I need to fix before final rendering...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:41:26 am by Patrice Terrier »

Patrice Terrier

• Administrator
    • zapsolution
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:57:23 pm »
In my opinion the brighter mode would help to better see the details.

How large is the current 3D file (blend, c4d, fbx), and how many vertices, indices, meshes in it ?

Thank you for the preview!
Patrice
(Always working with the latest Windows version available...)

Szymon Kubicki

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 09:36:43 pm »
Thank you for your suggestion!
The C4D file is 287 MB, a bit over 2,7 mln vertices. I expect the mid poly version to end up around 300k verts.